Your New Favorite Salad Is Right Here
Crazy-Nutty-Blue Salad With Maple Dijon Vinaigrette…..That’s crazy for the Craisins, nutty for the pecans, and blue for the blue cheese!
Blue cheese lovers this is for you. Start salivating.
This combination of salad ingredients tossed with this fabulous homemade vinaigrette will make you fall in love!
This is a salad based on one that The Pioneer Woman put out a few years ago, but I have tweaked it.
I like to make a recipe for the first time as it’s been written. And then I like to tweak it to make it easier or better.
Get your salad ingredients together….
- Salad greens for 4-6 people
- 1/2 cup Pecans, toasted (just place in a sauté pan, place on medium low, and toss around for a few minutes until lightly toasted)
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- About 6 oz. Blue Cheese crumbles (get a good brand like Boar’s Head- it really makes a difference)
MAPLE DIJON VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 T. Dijon Mustard (heaping Tablespoon)
- 1 T. real Maple Syrup
- 1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil (I like to use “Light Tasting Olive Oil”, but you can pick your fave oil)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Get a jar to mix your dressing in. I like to repurpose good food jars for things like dressing.
This used to be an Almond Butter jar.
I’ve got my 1/4 cup of olive oil in it.
Put everything in your jar…
And now you will just put the lid on and shake well. Voila!
You now have a Maple Dijon Vinaigrette dressing ready to go.
Refrigerate if you’re preparing ahead of time.
If it hardens up in the cold, then merely microwave for a few seconds to loosen it up again.
You may want to double this recipe to keep some on hand.
Trust me on this. It is very addictive, and you’re going to want to keep extra around.
This is a versatile dressing for your various salads. Try using walnuts, sliced apples, sliced pears, goat cheese, dried cherries, pine nuts, or sunflower seeds.
And now below is your printable version.